New MY'20 Atom 80 from Vittorazi.
The atom is, by definition, the smallest element, and the center of all energy. That energy, for us, is the best expression of the excitement of those who discover flight for the first time and those who truly appreciate it thereafter. With the ATOM 80 we wanted to revisit the meaning of simple flight and offer an experience with an innovative product that would match. To guarantee this, we studied the new engine in every detail, with regards to reliability and safety. The ATOM is a light quiet engine, well balanced, easy to start with 'Ultrasoft', and packs a punch with low fuel consumption. This was achieved by dedicated research and design coupled with a history of knowledge. The look is modern with innovative materials and production processes, making it stand out from the crowd. Forced air cooled engine, oil bathed helical gear reduction drive, with a centrifugal adjustable clutch. The thrust is smooth, linear delivering 55kg with a 130 cm propeller and 52kg with 125 cm propeller.
NEW ATOM 80 MY '20
- New design, new fusion technology of the engine crankcase and of the reduction drive:
- Greater precision in mechanical processing, with the advantage of precise and always guaranteed coupling;
- Better aesthetic finishes;
- Less weight from new geometries;
- Added oil drain plug on a magnetic base in the reduction drive;
- Added inspection hole of the reduction drive oil level.
- Reinforced silencer plate, thickness increase (+1.0 mm) and geometry change;
- New Walbro WB series Carburettor, stability in all weather conditions, with the possibility of adjusting the H jet to compensate for the lower atmospheric temperatures;
- New clutch design with noise damper;
- New material for the Airbox rubber sleeve;
- BR9 spark plug with steel pin, for greater stability of the cap;
- Seals of very high quality and durability, as ever Made in Italy;
- Treatment of all screws with anti-corrosion system.
The ATOM 80 is perfect for anyone who appreciates a lightweight engine, delivering power with economy and low noise.
After almost 400 hours on my Top 80, I made the switch to the Atom 80 and couldn't be more excited. The design is elegant and well thought out. Build quality is excellent. Only downside is that as of 3/2/20 there is no MY20 manual which means that the manual that is currently available has no information about the new carburetor. Only have a few hours on the engine so far, but compared to the Top 80, it's much smoother, idles better, and is easier to start. As far as SkysportsUSA goes, Kris was always quick to respond to my emails about the status of the engine (Vitto took longer than I hoped to get this thing out to them), but it was sent out to me the same day he got it. Looking forward to putting tons of hours on the Atom.